We are looking for a team of 4 young people aged 17-25, to create a team of Young Arts Leaders for 2023 at HAC.
You'll receive a wide range of arts training and experience alongside an Arts Award Gold Award. (Worth 16 UCAS points, it's also a great boost to university and job applications)
You can read (and watch!) all about Gold Arts Award here.
To apply, (or to ask any questions) email Natasha Jones at [email protected] and tell us why you'd like to be a Young Arts Leader!
Application deadline: Monday 12th December 2022
You will have the opportunity to receive a wide range of arts training and experience working in both planning and delivery. The project is for 12months and the hours depend on your availibilty but you will need to commit to at least two hours per week at HAC. You will lead on your own project whilst creating an arts award portfolio with the support of industry professionals.
What could I learn?
- To research, book and curate a programme of arts events and activities
- Communication with artists, theatre companies, agents
- Theatre sound and lighting
- Contracting freelance artists/companies for events and learning to implement technical riders from visiting companies.
- Working alongside other local businesses to offer artistic support for events in Helmsley/Ryedale.
- Creating and implementing a marketing schedule for a programme of events and activities.
- Support designers, producers, directors and performers with event/productions
- Health and safety procedures in a working environment for employees and the public
- How to write and complete Risk Assessments
- Working Front of House and developing customer service skills
- Managing Social media and creating content.
- Publicity and promotion creation
- Marketing strategies for increasing audience numbers
- Website CMS & Ticketing software
- How to plan, project manage and implement their own arts project.
- How to evaluate a project and their learning.
- and more!
Supported by Ryedale District Council