Freelance / Casual Technician
Be part of a small team of technicians that staff the varied live programme at Helmsley Arts Centre, responsible to the technical Manager.
Description: Successful applicants will be able to show a good understanding of how theatre lighting and sound systems work, and be able to show previous experience in both lighting and live sound applications. Being able to programme a digital lighting desk is essential, although some training can be given to refresh knowledge of how our current desk works.
The ability to use access equipment and manual handling is important, as well as a good understanding of general health and safety and be able to apply these skills to the incoming show’s requirements.
We require all our staff to be presentable and wear appropriate PPE for the show they are staffing.
- Experience in a similar position.
- Specialist knowledge in one or more of the following:
Live Sounds Production, Theatre Lighting, lighting/sound desk operation, Rigging
- Relevant technical qualifications.
- First Aid Certificate.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £10 per hour
Please send a CV & short cover letter to email@example.com
Freelance / Casual Projectionist
Paid Role|Flexible Hours|Training provided|Majority evening shifts
Be part of a small team of projectionists at Helmsley Arts Centre |No experience necessary, training will be provided | Good computer skills required.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all projection equipment within the Projection Room for the duration of your shift.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient use of digital Projector and helping to ensure that it is kept in good order and repair.
- To ensure that sound levels in cinema screens are set to the correct levels.
- To ensure that relevant films are received and ingested as required.
- To run and manage alterative content. e.g. live event screenings and private hires
To apply please send CV and cover letter to Natasha Jones, HAC Artistic Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information email or call 01439 772112
For work experience please contact Natasha Jones email@example.com
For volunteering please contact Julia Kershaw, firstname.lastname@example.org
For 1812 Theatre Co involvement please contact Jean Sheridan